Ronstan has a rope range, acting as the exclusive distributor of FSE-Robline. The rope we specify and sell complements the other Industrial products available in our range. They are all braided ropes with the principal component being Spectra or Dyneema.
Some examples of where you can readily find FSE-Robline and other rope accessories are:
- Department of Defense depend on the strength and durability of our ropes
- Action Sports industries (climbing, skiing wakeboarding etc)
- The America’s Cup Sailboats – The most techonologically demanding and perfection seeking boats in the sport of sailing.
- The Entertainment and Stunting industry utilise our products.
- Commercial Trucking for truck ropes and tow rope..
The ingredient material of most of the rope that we sell is Spectra or Dyneema. They are both a UHMwPE (Ultra High Molecular weight Polyethylene) fibre – and are extremely lightweight.
Their core advantages are:
- Strength: The are generally up to 15 times stronger than steel wire – on a weight for weight basis
- Weight: They are up to 8 times lighter than steel wire. and with a low specific gravity they float on water
- Water resistant: The are is hydrophobic – thus they do not absorb water, and remains light when working in wet conditions
- UV Resistant: Finally they are UV resistant to photo degradation, maintaining performance when exposed to UV light
Ropes of this nature are the rope of choice for all serious yacht racers and in industrial applications – they are replacing steel wire in many applications:
- 4×4 market for winching
- Rope Climbing and rappelling
- Tree climbing and felling safety rope
- The roadside recovery market for winching and towing
- Film & Theatre Rigging
- Industrial & Utility
- Defence – Personnel Insertion / Extraction
- Defence – Towing / Recovery
Ronstan also market and sell a range of :
- Webbing Straps and slings
- Shockcord/ Bungee (bungy) cord (also called shockcord or Elasticcord)
Some accessories we have developed to complement our industrial rope offering are:
- Constrictor Rope Clutches, the load strength and lack of slippage provided by the constrictor has proven to be a massive advantage in any high load bearing environment.
- Tie-Balls: We offer tie-balls rope ready in many different colors and sizes depending on the consumer’s need.