The Ronstan Group (Ronstan International Pty Ltd and Ronstan Properties (Australia) Pty Ltd, Ronstan International Inc (USA), Ronstan Denmark ApS (Denmark), PT Ronstan International (Indonesia) and Ronstan (UK) Ltd) (“the Group”) is committed to respecting your privacy and the protection of your personal data.
The systems in place in our business (and in that of our business partners including our Group members) ensure that we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act 1988 (Australia), the General Data Protection Regulation (EU), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and all other applicable privacy laws when we collect and process (e.g. store, use, consult, transmit, disclose, erase) your personal data.
Our staff are trained to respect your privacy in accordance with our privacy standards and relevant legal requirements. They are committed to the responsible handling of your personal data.
This Policy describes the kind of personal data that we collect and process, the purposes for which we do so and how we do these things. It applies to all your dealings with us, including when these are by post, email or facsimile, on our web site, on digital communication platforms such as social media, or by some other means. This Policy also outlines how we protect your privacy.
When you apply for or use our products or services, a copy of this Policy will be available to you. Every time you authorize us to collect, maintain, use and disclose your personal data, we do so in accordance with this Policy and any additional privacy statement set out in the terms and conditions of those products and services.
Any privacy information we supply to you, including in this Policy may be subject to change from time to time. We encourage you to check our web site at or to contact our office to keep up to date with these changes. We will not separately notify you of any changes.
We collect person-related data transmitted from your browser to our server. When using our website for information purposes (i.e. not logged in, registered or transferring information in any other way) we collect the data listed below which we require for technical reasons in order to display our website to you and to maintain its stability and security.
• IP address
• Date and time of inquiry
• Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of request
• Access status / http status code
• Respective transmitted data volume
• Website on which the request was entered
• Browser used
• Operating system and its interface
• Language and version of browser software
In addition to the above-mentioned data, use of our website creates cookies which are stored on your computer; these constitute small text files that are stored on your hard disk, designated by the browser used, and through which specific information is transmitted via the cookie (placed in this context by us) to the respective originator (e.g. Cloudflare or Google). Cookies are not able to supply any programs at the current state of technology or transmit viruses to your computer. Cookies ensure a more effective and user-friendly internet service from Ronstan.
Ronstanindustrial.com use the following types of cookies, the extent and function explained below:
Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. These include session cookies which store a session ID enabling association of the various queries generated by your browser. This enables your browser to be recognized again when you return to our website within a browsing session. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a defined period which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in your browser settings at any time.
Your browser settings can be altered to allow control of cookie acceptance and use. For example, you can reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. In this case, some functions of our website may be unavailable. If you still would like to remove cookies, you can do this by following your browser’s specific instructions.
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
We also deploy cookies to enable identification of your next visit, in order to display our website to you according to your preferences, e.g. metric or imperial units preference.
We occasionally use HTML5 storage objects which are stored on your computer. These objects store the required data, independently of the browser used, and have no automatic expiry date. The purpose of storage objects is to cache your preferences locally on your computer in order to reduce data usage and speed up the loading time of our website.
DIGITAL TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS
Google uses this information on our behalf to observe your use of our website in order to compile reports on website activity and website usage and to provide other internet services. The IP address transmitted from your browser by Google Analytics is not combined with other data from Google.
Storage of cookies required by Google Analytics may be blocked by the settings in your browser software; doing so may lead to a reduction in the full functionality of our website. You can block the collection of data generated by cookies and your use of our website (including your IP address) in some browsers using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add on available under the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en
We recommend you read the Google data protection provisions should you require further information on the type, extent and, purpose of the data collected: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/compliance/#!?modal_active=none
Our website uses the services offered by Google Maps. We are therefore able to display an interactive map on our website providing the convenient use of a mapping facility.
Additional information on the purpose and extent of the collection of data is available from the data protection statement of Google under https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en&gl=en.
Google processes your data in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield.
We use Cloudflare. Cloudflare helps our website load faster and protects against DDoS attacks (making our website unavailable). The __cfduid cookie is used to apply security settings on a per-client basis. For example, in a coffee shop where there are several infected computers, but a specific visitor’s computer is trusted, the cookie allows us to identify that computer and not challenge it again. It does not correspond to your user ID in Google, identify you as an account holder on our website, or store any personally identifiable information. Depending on the browser’s “Always Use HTTPs” configuration, this cookie will be created either as secure or non-secure.
You can opt-out to the creation of a user profile, Hotjar’s storing of data about your usage of our site and Hotjar’s use of tracking cookies on other websites by clicking https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out
• Improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Website and to improve the Subscription Service
• Send information or Ronstan Industrial content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business
• Promote the use of our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences
• Provide other companies with statistical information about our users without the ability to identify any individual user
• Meet legal requirements.
Our website also offers the possibility of interacting with various social networks via plug-ins. These are:
• Facebook, managed b Facebook, 1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA.
• YouTube, managed by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066 USA
• Instagram, managed by Instagram, 200 Jefferson Drive, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
• Pinterest, managed by Pinterest, 808 Brennan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
• Twitter, managed by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103 USA
• LinkedIn, managed by LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 W. Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA
When you click on a plug-in of one of these social networks it activates and sets up a connection to the server of the respective network. We have no influence on the extent and content transmitted by clicking on the plug-in to the respective provider of this social network. We recommend that you read the data protection provisions of the respective social networks should you require further information on the type, extent, and purpose of the data collected by the providers of these social networks.
THE TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
The type of personal data we collect about you and process depends on the product or service for which we require the data, including those relating to your marine, architectural or industrial requirements and your freighting and insurance requirements (if relevant). The personal data we collect from you includes your name and generally includes:
• your postal or e-mail address
• your contact telephone number
• your financial details where relevant to complete a transaction
In certain circumstances, including if you are applying for employment with us, we also collect from you:
• details of your employer’s name and of your place of work
• other information relating to your identity
• any information we consider necessary for the above purposes
In certain circumstances (for example, in relation to your employment application), the personal data we collect may contain sensitive data about you such as:
• your membership of a professional or trade association or trade union
• your health
• Race, ethnicity and gender descriptions
We will not collect sensitive data without your express consent or when a legal exception applies, such as when its collection is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to your life or health.
When we collect a government identifier such as your tax file number, social security number, or any other government agency identifier we use and disclose it only as required by law and not as a means of identifying your application for any product or service.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect most of your personal data from you personally. This may be by:
• Asking you to fill out an administrative or application form
• When you write to us
• When you give us your personal data over the telephone or on our or another Group member’s web site
• When you deal with us directly
• When you deal with our representatives
• When you deal through your representative
Where lawful and practicable, you may deal with us anonymously. It is not necessary, for example, for you to give us personal data in order to make an inquiry about our products.
There may be times when we need to obtain personal data about you from someone else such as:
• A credit reporting agency
• A member of your family (for example as a contact or a referee)
• Organizations that provide, manage or administer our products or services or assist us to do these things (for example, our suppliers, contractors and service providers, and consultants)
• Our insurers and underwriters
• Your and our agents and representatives
• Your employer (for example to verify your current or previous employment in relation to your employment application)
• Your doctor or other health professionals (for example, in relation to a disability which you have disclosed to us in an employment application)
• Individuals and organizations from whom we buy our products or with whom we conduct our business
This Policy applies to all of these circumstances.
WHY WE MAY REQUIRE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you do not provide us with the personal data we require, we may not be able to:
• Process your application for employment or your request for our products or services
• Provide our products and services
• Keep you updated about our products and services
• Tell you about other group products and services that may be relevant to you
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Generally, we process your personal data for purposes related or ancillary to the main reason we collect it such as:
• Providing you with a product or service
• Servicing our relationship
• Identifying you
• providing you (except when you tell us not to by contacting our Privacy Officer at the address below) with information about other products and services which might serve your personal or business needs.
Depending on the products and services we are providing you, we may disclose your personal data to one or more of the following persons who may use it only for the purposes for which we have provided it:
third parties who assist us to provide you with our products and services (including mail services, printers of our invoices and originators of our freight documentation);
• Other Group entities
• Our or your legal and other advisers
• Organizations involved in developing and maintaining our business infrastructure including our computer, administrative and business systems
• Our marketing service providers
• Financial institutions (including your bank)
• Debt collection agencies
• Persons to whom we are required or authorized by law to disclose information where the disclosure is required in the interests of public health or safety, the protection of public revenue or the prevention or detection of crime. These include government and regulatory bodies such as tax authorities and credit reporting agencies.
Except where we are required by law to do so (for example to a court or to tax authorities) or the disclosure is in the public interest (such as the investigation of a crime) or in our own interest (as in a court action to which we are a party), we only disclose your personal data to others with your express or implied consent in accordance with applicable law.
We generally disclose your personal data to our own and the Group’s product and service providers so that you can be kept informed of our range of products and services. You can advise us that you do not wish to receive such information and marketing material at any time, and we will stop sending it to you. Otherwise, we rely on your express or implied consent, or the consent of your representative, according to applicable law.
Because our Group operates worldwide, we may need to transfer personal data from or to one or more group members in order to process your request for products or services, as part of our normal business practice, or in relation to a sale or restructuring of a Group business. These organizations may also use service providers and contractors to process your data. We impose strict security and confidentiality requirements on how Group members and their service providers and contractors process your personal data. Group members will use and disclose your personal data only with your express or implied consent according to applicable law. We will not sell, rent or trade your personal data for marketing purposes without your express consent.
The security of your personal data is important to us and we protect it from misuse, loss, and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure regardless of whether we store it in electronic or paper form. The steps we take to do this include:
• Protecting our premises and systems including our websites, computer systems and networks from unauthorized entry
• Maintaining secure storage of personal data paper documents
• Training our staff to apply and maintain our security standards and privacy policies
Where we disclose your personal data to other people such as our contractors and service providers, we seek to ensure that these individuals and entities keep it secure and deal with it in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, the General Data Protection Regulation, and applicable law.
You can ask us to tell you what personal data we hold and process in relation to you, how we do so and for what purpose. You can make your request by writing to our Privacy Officer at the address below or submitting a GDPR request though our website. We will take all reasonable steps to answer your questions unless we are exempted by law from doing so, for reasons including that your access would unreasonably impact on the privacy of others or prejudice our negotiations with you in a dispute. We will usually provide you with the data in an appropriate digital form, or written form such as a photocopy or print out, unless a verbal response or giving you physical access to a relevant file may be more appropriate.
We will make every reasonable attempt to respond to your request for access where we are able or authorized to do so. The time required for this will depend on the complexity of the information you are seeking, how it is held and how you wish us to communicate it to you. A charge may apply to access to the personal data that you seek, reflecting our reasonable cost of supplying the personal data, in which case we will inform you accordingly. We will not charge you for merely making an inquiry about our provision of the data. If we are unable to meet your request for access, we will let you know why.
We aim to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date. If it is not, you must promptly write to us and tell us. We will amend, update, add to or delete your personal data within a reasonable time of your requesting us to do so and to the extent permitted by law, unless we disagree that this needs to be done, in which case, at your request, we will attach to your personal data record a statement noting your view that it is not accurate, complete or up to date.
LIMITATION AND REVOCATION
You are entitled to revoke your consent to our processing of your personal data. In accordance with and to the extent permitted by law, we will erase your personal data from our records upon request. In some cases, such as email newsletter subscriptions, you can choose to do so yourself through a digital link that we provide.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When we no longer need to hold your personal data for any purpose (including but not limited to providing products and services or to satisfy legal obligations), we will take all reasonable steps to destroy it by secure means or permanently de-identify it, unless we have a legal obligation to retain it longer. If you have any further questions relating to our retention, destruction or de-identification of your personal data please do not hesitate to write to us at the below address.
We are a member of the Group which includes the entities listed above. Members of the Group may change from time to time. Reference to “we/us” in this Policy means each member of the Group.
Privacy Officer – Laine McCooke
Ronstan International Pty Ltd
19 Park Way,
Braeside VIC 3195
Ronstan International Inc.
45 High Point Avenue, #2
Portsmouth, RI 02871,
Ronstan Denmark ApS
If you are dissatisfied with our response to your questions or your complaint, you have the right to discuss the matter or lodge a complaint with the Federal Privacy Commissioner or the equivalent data protection authority where you reside.